BBA (Hons) at GLF Business School is a three-year regular graduate program under the West Bengal State University. BBA(H) is not to be seen only as a first ladder to MBA. Rather, it is a first foray to some enriching experience prior to the higher business studies. The best of B-Schools all over the world value experience and so does employers. At GLFBS, the BBA(H) students are exposed to varied employability skill programs through our curriculum under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) and are facilitated for practical applications of modern business principles and processes. This is what makes the management learning at undergraduate level more easy and interesting. All put together, BBA is a passport to enter into any sector of business and industry.
Integrated BBA-MBA at GLF Business School is a five-year regular degree program under the West Bengal State University. It is an unique program that combines the undergraduate and postgraduate curriculum to provides students a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals of business management and the opportunity to pursue chosen areas of specialization. The main advantage of pursuing this course is that students stand the chance to earn two degrees while enrolling for admission once. These qualifications can be used to land managerial and administrative posts across various sectors and industries.
Importance of Course
Degree in Management has become almost mandatory to get a job in Industry and to achieve Leadership position. The world of business is moving fast with Innovations in technology. The jobs are becoming more sophisticated and challenging. To maintain competitiveness in the fast growing market, companies need professionals who:
- have analytical skill
- know the latest technology
- understand the customer and market
- assess the risk associated with the business
- have the entrepreneurship spirit to make a new venture successful in highly competitive environment
- have ability to grow and make it sustainable
- have knowledge of regulatory issues, professional ethics and human values.
The Integrated BBA-MBA at GLFBS provides a perfect blending of the above key factors of success. The curriculum is project-based. The students will apply their classroom knowledge to real-world simulations and build a robust portfolio to showcase to future employers.
- Merge technology knowledge with business skills such as marketing, customer development, analytics, and new business development to work effectively across the business ecosystem,
- Master organizational leadership skills such as product, program, and project management,
- Develop an understanding of the legal, regulatory, compliance, and ethical aspects of the respective field,
- Skill development to manage the company with special industry features such as Biotech Companies etc.
Integrated BBA-MBA is a unique program aiming to develop the leadership within the student to make him / her ready for the industry in booming areas that needs highly specialized knowledge and skill.
Course Structure: The program is designed in CBCS and semester system. The subjects are four-folded combining: (1) fundamental papers to understand the business, commerce, economy, mathematical and statistical analysis, computation, and law; (2) core management papers to learn functional management, managerial effectiveness, and decision making through applications of information technology; (3) elective papers from the specialization groups; and (4) advanced management papers to inculcate business leadership and the strategic role. The holistic approach helps to build all necessary skills that a student need to acquire to get the best career opportunity in the expanding fields of industry.
Specializations: GLFBS is the only Management College in India that offers wide range of courses on the areas of high demand in Industry such as Finance & Risk Management, Valuation (Real Estate and Plant & Machinery), Marketing & Advertising, Logistics & Retail, HR & Corporate Law, Biotech Management & Healthcare, Business Intelligence & Analytics.
Learning Method: The learning methods at GLFBS consists of classroom lectures, practical sessions, training programs, projects and internships. Facilities and resources shall enable our students to take the advantages of technology based learning.
After successful completion of the courses, the students get placement in the following booming sectors in different positions:
- Banking & Financial Services
- IT & ITES Industry – Data Analytics
- Consulting & Advisory Services
- Market Research Organizations
- Other Service Sectors & NGOs
- Trading Houses
- Manufacturing Industry
- Healthcare Sector & Pharmaceutical Industry
- Agro-based Industries, Food & Beverages
- Animal Husbandry & Dairy Industry
- Business analyst or strategist
- Business development analyst, associate, or manager
- Director (of a department)
- Financial analyst
- Management consultant
- Marketing associate, analyst, or manager
- Portfolio manager
- Project, product, or program manager
- Operations analyst, associate, or manager
- Entrepreneur / Founder
Eligibility & Selection
Eligibility: Candidates who have passed or appeared in Higher Secondary examination (General / Vocational) from a recognized Board or equivalent examination is eligible for the admission in BBA or Integrated BBA-MBA program at GLFBS.
Selection: The Admission Team of GLFBS after thorough scrutiny of each application may invite the candidate in Online Test followed by Group Discussion & Personal Interview. Selection Letter is issued as per the merit list. The letter contains a payment schedule and related terms.
Fees & Payment of Fees
- Application Form: Rs.1000
- Admission Fee: Rs.50,000
- Semester Fees: Rs.75,000
- Examination Fees: As per notification
Bank details for payment of fees: Payment should be made in favour of “GLF Business School” at SBI A/c No. 33820301433 with Salt Lake Sector I, Kolkata Branch (MICR Code: 700002145 / IFSC: SBIN0001612).
GLF Business School (GLFBS) is an affiliated Post Graduate Management College (Code 217) since 2013 under the West Bengal State University. GLFBS offers management courses in a wide range of specializations both in functional management as well as industry aligned courses. GLFBS is pioneer in fostering Business Leadership model in Management education derived from our empirical research in five key areas: Innovative Leadership, Entrepreneurial Leadership, Strategic Leadership, Sustainable Leadership, and Ethical Leadership. It has handled more than 100 high-end consulting and research assignments and trained more than 1000 employees of government as well as corporate sectors. GLFBS has established collaborative associations with Higher Education Institutes of high repute and partnerships with leading Industry bodies. GLFBS is ranked amongst a leading Higher Education institutions in India and awarded consistently as the Best B-School.
Awards & Recognitions
GLFBS has been recognized as one of the leading management colleges in India. GLFBS consistently own the Best B-School Awards in recognition for the excellence it strives thought leadership, academic excellence, learning innovation, applied research initiatives, using technology having social impact, and industry-academia interface.
GLFBS is the recipient of ASSOCHAM Best B-School Award 2017 & 2018, Technology Excellence Award For Social Impact 2018, The Innovative Institute Award 2018, Top–10 Business Analytics Institutions in India 2018 (Higher Education Review, Bangalore), Royal Excellence Award 2017: Best B-School.
Learning @ GLFBS
- Business Analytics is integrated with curriculum.
- Practical learning opportunity & hands-on training in industry.
- Pertaining up-to-date knowledge in modern fields of management.
- Understanding global dynamics of business.
- Integration of knowledge of Management, Business, Legal & Government.
- Creating corporate accountability.
- Development of marketing skill in industry-specific business.
- Financial Modelling & Reporting skill.
- Developing skill in managing and developing human resources.
- Managing projects and programs.
- Fostering innovation and new venture.
Session starts in July every year (admission process starts from the month of January every year on the basis of the test result in Class XII).
How to apply
Please fill up Online Application Form and submit hard-copies / scanned-copies of all documents as per checklist to be emailed to you after submission of form along with Rs.1000 towards cost of form in cash / bank deposit to college account within seven days. (Click here to fill up the Online Admission Form)
GLF Business School
Form to Download Brochure