The Program & Specializations
MBA at GLF Business School is a two-year Master Degree program affiliated to the West Bengal State University. The learning methods at GLFBS consists of classroom lectures, practical sessions, training programs, projects and internships. Facilities and resources shall enable our students to take the advantages of technology based learning. GLFBS is the first and only Management College in India that offers following range of specializations:
- Business Intelligence & Analytics (e-brochure)
- Biotech Management (e-brochure)
- Valuation (Real Estate and Plant & Machinery) (e-brochure)
- Finance & Risk Management
- Marketing, Retail, Advertising & Brand Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- HR & Corporate Law
- Healthcare Management
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
Importance of Course
Degree in Management has become almost mandatory to get a job in Industry and to achieve Leadership position. The world of business is moving fast with Innovations in technology. The jobs are becoming more sophisticated and challenging. To maintain competitiveness in the fast growing market, companies need professionals who:
- have analytical skill
- know the latest technology
- understand the customer and market
- assess the risk associated with the business
- have the entrepreneurship spirit to make a new venture successful in highly competitive environment
- have ability to grow and make it sustainable
- have knowledge of regulatory issues, professional ethics and human values.
The MBA degree program at GLFBS provides a perfect blending of the above key factors of success. The curriculum is project-based. The students will apply their classroom knowledge to real-world simulations and build a robust portfolio to showcase to future employers.
- Merge technology knowledge with business skills such as marketing, customer development, analytics, and new business development to work effectively across the business ecosystem,
- Master organizational leadership skills such as product, program, and project management,
- Develop an understanding of the legal, regulatory, compliance, and ethical aspects of the respective field,
- Skill development to manage the company with special industry features such as Biotech Companies etc.
- Payback of course fee is less than two years.
MBA at GLFBS is a unique program aiming to develop the leadership within the student to make him / her ready for the industry in booming areas that needs highly specialized knowledge and skill. The program is designed in semester system. In each semester there are 7 core subjects and 1 project of 4 credit each. The subjects taught over all four semesters are four-folded combining: (1) fundamental papers to understand the business, commerce, economy, statistical analysis, computation, and law; (2) core management papers to learn functional management, managerial effectiveness, and decision making through applications of information technology; (3) elective papers from the specialization groups; and (4) advanced management papers to inculcate business leadership and the strategic role. The holistic approach helps to build all necessary skills that a student need to acquire to get the best career opportunity in the expanding fields of industry.
After successful completion of the courses, the students get placement in the following booming sectors in different positions. Average package starts from Rs.3 lacs for the freshers and Rs. 4.5 lacs for the experienced candidates over 3 years. Payback is less than two years.
- Banking & Financial Services
- IT & ITES Industry – Data Analytics
- Consulting & Advisory Services
- Market Research Organizations
- Logistics Companies
- Retail & Trading Houses
- Manufacturing Industry
- Healthcare Sector & Pharmaceutical Industry
- Agro-based Industry, Food & Beverage Industry
- Animal Husbandry & Dairy Industry
- Other Service Sectors & NGOs
- Business analyst or strategist
- Business development analyst, associate, or manager
- Director (of a department)
- Financial analyst
- Management consultant
- Marketing associate, analyst, or manager
- Portfolio manager
- Project, product, or program manager
- Operations analyst, associate, or manager
- Entrepreneur / Founder
Eligibility & Selection
Eligibility: Candidates who have passed or appeared in graduation from a recognized University or equivalent examination is eligible for the admission in MBA program at GLFBS.
Selection: The Admission Team of GLFBS after thorough scrutiny of each online application shall invite the candidate to appear in Online Test followed by Group Discussion & Personal Interview. Selection Letter is issued as per the merit list. The letter contains a payment schedule and related terms.
Fees & Payment of Fees
- Application Form: Rs.1000
- Admission Fee: Rs.50,000
- Semester Fees: Rs.1,25,000
- Examination Fees: As per notification
Bank details for payment of fees: Payment should be made in favour of “GLF Business School” at SBI A/c No. 33820301433 with Salt Lake Sector I, Kolkata Branch (MICR Code: 700002145 / IFSC: SBIN0001612).
GLF Business School (GLFBS) is an affiliated Post Graduate Management College (Code 217) since 2013 under the West Bengal State University. GLFBS offers management courses in a wide range of specializations both in functional management as well as industry aligned courses. GLFBS is pioneer in fostering Business Leadership model in Management education derived from our empirical research in five key areas: Innovative Leadership, Entrepreneurial Leadership, Strategic Leadership, Sustainable Leadership, and Ethical Leadership. It has handled more than 100 high-end consulting and research assignments and trained more than 1000 employees of government as well as corporate sectors. GLFBS has established collaborative associations with Higher Education Institutes of high repute and partnerships with leading Industry bodies. GLFBS is ranked amongst a leading Higher Education institutions in India and awarded consistently as the Best B-School.
Awards & Recognitions
GLFBS has been recognized as one of the leading management colleges in India. GLFBS consistently own the Best B-School Awards in recognition for the excellence it strives thought leadership, academic excellence, learning innovation, applied research initiatives, using technology having social impact, and industry-academia interface.
GLFBS is the recipient of ASSOCHAM Best B-School Award 2017 & 2018, Technology Excellence Award For Social Impact 2018, The Innovative Institute Award 2018, Top–10 Business Analytics Institutions in India 2018 (Higher Education Review, Bangalore), Royal Excellence Award 2017: Best B-School.
Learning @ GLFBS
- Business Analytics is integrated with curriculum.
- Practical learning opportunity & hands-on training in industry.
- Pertaining up-to-date knowledge in modern fields of management.
- Understanding global dynamics of business.
- Integration of knowledge of Management, Business, Legal & Government.
- Creating corporate accountability.
- Development of marketing skill in industry-specific business.
- Financial Modelling & Reporting skill.
- Developing skill in managing and developing human resources.
- Managing projects and programs.
- Fostering innovation and new venture.
Admission in MBA program at GLFBS is taken twice a year for the January Batch and July Batch. Online Application is open round the year. Application received after the last date of any session is considered for the next session.
How to apply
Please fill up Online Application Form and submit hard-copies / scanned-copies of all documents as per checklist to be emailed to you after submission of form along with Rs.1000 towards cost of form in cash / bank deposit to college account within seven days. (Click here to fill up the Online Admission Form)
GLF Business School
Form to Download Brochure